Current Student? Go Here for Your Information
Stationed Overseas? UMUC Europe | UMUC Asia

Get Started at UMUC
Enroll in 5 Easy Steps


Note: Students in the Army and Air Force follow different enrollment processes.

It's easy for military students and DoD civilians to start or continue their education with UMUC. If you are a new student wishing to enroll in courses or programs, follow the process below.


Step 1: Apply for admission

Undergraduate Students

Complete an Application for Admission and pay the non-refundable $50 application fee.

Graduate Students

Complete an Application for Admission, pay a non-refundable $50 application fee and submit required credentials to be considered for admission. If you are applying to the Doctor of Management program, the non-refundable application fee is $100. Please visit Graduate Programs for more information regarding specific admission requirements for each graduate academic program.

Transfer Students

If you are transferring from UMUC Asia or UMUC Europe, you do not have to re-apply for admission. Instead, complete the Divisional Transfer Form.


Step 2: Provide your military documentation

Get Transfer Credits

Request and submit a military transcript to transfer your prior credits. Fill out the Required Documentation of Military Training.

Qualify for the Military Rate

Active-duty servicemembers, members of National Guard units and Selected Reservists are eligible for the military tuition rate. Please submit documentation from one of the following:

  • Option 1: Proof of service statement or letter
  • Option 2: Copy of most recent enlistment contract
  • Option 3: Copy of TA form showing date of separation
  • Option 4: Copy of your most recent Leave and Earnings statements showing Estimated Time of Separation

Alternatively, other documentation may be submitted, but it must indicate your current military status and the date you will be separating from that status.

Note: Copies of military identification cards should not be submitted. UMUC will not accept copies of ID cards as proof of military status.

You may submit your documentation to the Admissions Office by faxing it to 240-684-2153 or by sending an e-mail to

Note: Spouses of active-duty service members are also eligible for the military tuition rate upon submission of their DD1172 or other alternate documentation. Under some circumstances, dependent children of active-duty military may also be eligible for the military tuition rate. For more information, contact our Residency Office at

Information on tuition rates for the military can be found in Tuition and Fees.


Step 3: Plan which course(s) you want to take

Undergraduate Students

You should receive an email within two to three business days that will include your seven-digit student ID number and password. UMUC uses an online student services system called MyUMUC, which can be accessed once you receive your student ID and password.

While you are waiting for your password, you can review your major's degree requirements. Use the curriculum planning worksheet for your major and determine which courses you need to take. To find the courses you need, check the current Undergraduate Schedule of Classes and make sure there are seats available.

We will review your military and other university credit once we have received all the transcripts and you have completed a request form, which can be obtained from your military advisor. If you have any questions, feel free to call us at 877-275-8682 or e-mail us at

Graduate Students

Once you have submitted an application and fee, you will be provided a student ID and password, which will enable you to register for your first course. This password will allow you to register online using MyUMUC. To register for additional courses, students will need to complete the admission process, including submission of transcripts and other documents, if required. We encourage you to contact us at 800-888-UMUC (8682) or

You may want to consult course descriptions by visiting the Graduate Schedule of Classes, Graduate Catalog and Graduate School Web site.

Forgot your password? You may get your password from MyUMUC.


Step 4: Register for courses

Once you have your MyUMUC password, log in to MyUMUC and easily register for classes. Or, learn other ways you can register.


Step 5: Pay for your classes

Pay for your classes by faxing your tuition assistance information to our finance office at 301-985-7858 or 7502. Your Education Office can provide the appropriate tuition assistance documents for submission to UMUC. Your full payment needs to be received by the due date. Information regarding our monthly TuitionSelect payment plan administered by Educational Computer Systems Inc. (ECSI) may also be obtained by calling ECSI at 1-866-927-1438.

If you find that you are placed on a waiting list for a class that is full, you may visit the UMUC Waiting List to check your options.

If you have any questions, feel free to call us at 877-275-8682 or e-mail us at