Frequently Asked Questions (Army)
Throughout your academic experience, Army students use both the MyUMUC and GoArmyEd portals. It is important to know how each portal works and which services you should access from each. Here you can also find answers to general questions about being a student at UMUC.
Applying to UMUC
- How do I apply to UMUC?
- What do I need to be fully admitted to UMUC?
- Where can I find information on placement testing?
- How do I contact a UMUC academic advisor?
- How can I contact GoArmyEd?
Registering for Classes
- How do I register for classes?
- Are there any required courses?
- What is the maximum number of semester hours for tuition assistance?
- How do I find my classes in GoArmyEd?
Course Materials (Books)
Testing and Exams
Majors and Degree Maps
- What is the Servicemembers Opportunity Colleges (SOC) Agreement?
- When do I receive an SOC Agreement?
- What is a Student Agreement (SA)?
Charges and Fees
Other Academic Opportunities